Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***RULE: If Crash Happens on the Final Lap***

Go down

***RULE:  If Crash Happens on the Final Lap*** Empty ***RULE: If Crash Happens on the Final Lap***

Post  Burnout Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:56 pm

Ok I admit it, I made a mistake heeding the yellow flag on the final lap. The wreck happened way behind the lead group, so I shouldn't have slowed down racing to the line. Doc made a point about the 2007 Daytona 500, when Harvick and Martin raced to the checkers even though the bigone happened behind them. That was the right call for that race and that's what we will do in this league too. However, there are instances in which we CAN call yellow on the final lap.

When and When Not to Call Yellow on Last Lap

*WHEN NOT: If a crash happens behind the first 3 cars on track, no yellow will be called so the top 3 can duke it out for a win. That was the case at Laguna Seca. Also, single car spins on road courses shall not draw the caution regardless where u were running at the time of the wreck. In short, do NOT say "yel".

*WHEN: If a multicar crash occurs involving the leaders, yellow can be called to end the race immediately. The field is frozen the instant yellow is called. There will be no racing to the line to confuse things.

So, if you see "yel" up top on the final lap, U MUST STOP on the track or possibly get docked in points. Calling yel when u arent supposed to will be a big penalty. If yel is called and it shouldn't have been, we will restart a 1 lap shootout with the car calling the caution banned. There will also be a 15 point penalty for the hassle of restarting the race. Complaining about the penalty will get u banned from the league so make sure u know when not to call yel to avoid the penalty altogether.

Even though these rules weren't discussed before that final lap incident, I should have continued on knowing it didn't affect the leaders. That was my bad and I'm gonna learn from it.
Burnout
Burnout
4 stars, impressive!
4 stars, impressive!

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down