Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turbosliders 2.0.0 beta

2 posters

Go down

Turbosliders 2.0.0 beta Empty Turbosliders 2.0.0 beta

Post  KoVa Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:21 pm

from the turbosliders forum

All right, it is time to release the first 2.0.0 version for beta testing. As mentioned before, old track records won't be valid any more. Player IDs will also be regenerated. It might be a good idea to install this on a new clean directory or at least back up your 1.0.x installation before installing 2.0.

I would be surprised if there weren't any major compatibility issues. Don't panic, just report them here and I try to fix them. The game tries to use a higher resolution by default so it may cause lag on older machines. You can report about that and tell if lowering resolution helps. TS 1.0 used always DirectX which caused alpha blending to be slow. TS 2.0 uses windib by default and alpha blending is not slow any more. On the other hand, graphics may not be hardware accelerated which may cause problems to some. Just let me know about any such problems and tell if switching to DirectX or lowering resolution or anything helps. Remember to tell me the specs of your machine. OpenAL libraries have also been updated, tell me if it misbehaves with your sound card.
But yes, here it is:

Turbo Sliders 2.0.0 rc1

I try to release the Linux version later.

Here is the list of new features:

- Track restrictions removed from the demo version
- Game engine improvements: smoother network game and more accurate lap times
- New track record format and directory, old players and records not valid any more. Old player data can be imported but a new id is generated.
- Support for total conversion mods (read README-totalmod.txt)
- New server script options (/source and /cmd, read README-autoserver.txt)
- Track loading always done using a fixed scale. No need to test tracks with different resolutions any more. To disable this feature, set UseFixedLoadScale to 0 in sliders.ini (not recommended).
- Start positions can be freely adjusted
- You can make Single Lap Tracks meaning the last control line specifies the finish line and only one lap is driven
- New view modes in editor: Terrains and Full View
- Random start mode added, added command /startmode [0|1]
- Added command /demoplayersallowed [0|1]
- A track can be selected multiple times in tracks menu by holding Shift.
- It is possible to kick spectators by IP and define how many spectators are allowed with /spectatorsAllowed, /who also lists spectators
- Fixed sticky Alt after Alt+Tab
- Tracks can have gravity (to enable for example space ship races or battles)
- Automatic support for more resolutions, including widescreen ones
- Cars of disconnected players are stopped
- Added command line parameter -capture <n> which saves the first n seconds of recordings as bmp files in directory capture
- Command /continue always restarts the server in Cup End mode
- Fixed editor sometimes showing a new tile in a slightly inaccurate position
- Updated libraries, using DirectX is now optional and not default

KoVa
New here
New here

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Turbosliders 2.0.0 beta Empty Re: Turbosliders 2.0.0 beta

Post  DerekE Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:46 pm

Who are you, for the first thing, and second, THANK YOU! I never knew they had a new version! This may help our league out a LOT!
DerekE
DerekE
4 stars, impressive!
4 stars, impressive!

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  KoVa Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:44 am

The names Kova im a turbosliders player & the best thing about this version is there are no track restrictions.

KoVa
New here
New here

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down